Free your mind and the creativity will follow...

Free your mind and the creativity will follow...







Friday, August 20, 2010

Let The Games Begin

People keep asking if we'll be there when they tear the house down. I guess for many, that sounds like such a thrill. But I wasn't sure I could watch 15 years of memories go down in a matter of hours. It was extremely emotional.

I ended up having to be there because of the whole floor ordeal, and after the actual walls were down to studs, & it didn't look like my house anymore, I felt detached. THEN I could't believe we lived in a space so tiny for so long! Without the actual walls the space just became one room! This photo is from the back door looking toward the front of the house. This was once 2 bedrooms, a living room, kitchen, bathroom, and dinette!!!



I took this photo from inside the existing addition across the yard from the second floor. We toiled over the new layout because I wanted to keep the yard (heck - 5 blades of grass is still grass), but Sweetie-The-German wants more interior space. We had the biggest fight of our marriage over where the staircase would go. The brilliant solution from our architect is to do a reverse floor plan and raise the yard and put the bedrooms downstairs.
When it's done, this view will become 2nd floor french doors sharing the courtyard with the living quarters of the house.


I remember standing on a chair while pregnant with Sophia painting those blue faux "sky" walls! I must have been crazy, but I was so determined to have the babies room finished by the time she arrived.
Now the real sky shines through the ceiling! Ahhhhh...I can hardly see the light as the whole process seems so far away. I wonder if she'll want those walls in her new room. I wonder if I can still get up on a chair to do them!


This is the inside of the living room. I wonder if I shoulda saved that shell lamp?






No comments:

Post a Comment